I went to see this movie with my wife, eldest son, mom and day, my sister and my nephew. I told myself when I went into see the movie I would go in with an open mind. I KNEW this was not going to like the ‘Origins’ comic but I KNEW it would be fun. To be honest I was mostly looking forward to seeing Ryan Reynolds as Dead Pool.
I should point out before I get into to much detail that I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was fun, entertaining and all around a good time. I’m going to highlight the things I liked then what I didn’t in a handy dandy list.
- I REALLY enjoyed Ryan Reynolds as Dead Pool and would LOVE to see him carry a solos Dead Pool movie.
- Hugh Jackman was awesome as always.
- Liev Schreiber surprised me and put out a solid Sabretooh erm…Victor
- The war montage over the opening credits. FOR THE WIN!
Here’s what I DID NOT like:
- The Blob. Freakin’ stupid in this movie. Makes no sense. Kevin Durand did a bad job, just dumb for this movie.
- Since when is Will.I.Am an actor? Isn’t he responsible for the ‘My Humps‘ song? WTF?
- The special effects seemed lacking. The claws at some points seemed to change length.
- The opening sequence. The kid who played young Logan needs acting lessons. He must be the directors kid.
- The War Montage over the opening credits, I wanted MORE.
- What the HELL is Scott Summers doing in this? Further Moore, the White Queen?
- When the hell does this movie take place? And didn’t Logan say int he first X-Men that he woke up in the frozen wastelands of Canada? Not on an island with Gambit?
I think that’s all the picking into this movie I really want to do. I could go on and on and on, but overall I did enjoy it. It’s a fun action movie with Wolverine tearin’ shit up. They try to shove way to many cameos into it, which hurts the film. Dead Pool should have been used more and used better. I pray they let Ryan Reynolds carry a movie and do it right.
End vertict? Hugh Jackman remains the man. If you have extra cash, see it. If not wait for DVD/Blu-Ray.