So as I’m sure you heard Leslie Nielsen passed away over the weekend. Surely I can’t be serious. Unfortunately I am, and don’t call me Shirley. (I wonder how many times THAT joke has been floated around the web?) Don’t get that reference? Watch this clip from Airplane (which is quite possibly one of the greatest comedy films on a plane of all time. It’s even better than that comedic masterpiece Snakes on a Plane)
I made a little tribute comic last night while watching Smallville. It’s not much, but it’s my way of saying I was/am a big fan of his work. Leslie lived a long and amazing life. From Forbidden Planet to Dead and Loving it, he was excellent in everything he did.
- y2cl#1116 – RIP Leslie Nielsen (No Comments) (No Comments) (avgs.y2cl.net)
- Comedians Pay Tribute on Twitter to Late Leslie Nielsen – Hollywood Reporter (news.google.com)
- Leslie Nielsen: the doyen of deadpan (guardian.co.uk)
- Stars Remember Leslie Nielsen (omg.yahoo.com)
- R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen, Our Weird Celebrity Crush (crushable.com)